Code of Ethics
All applicants to become active members of the Fire Equipment Distributors of Texas (FEDOT) agree to adhere to a code of ethics.
We recognize that the products and services we provide have a significant impact on the quality of life for everyone. As we perform our duties, we demonstrate the highest level of professionalism, personal integrity, and competence. Accordingly, we adhere to the FEDOT Code of Ethics, which states:
- We fulfill our obligations to our clients in an efficient and competent manner, with complete honesty.
- We undertake to provide only services for which we are competent by way of education, training, and experience.
- We strive to maintain our proficiency by a process of continually updating our knowledge and skills.
- We strive to adhere to all established codes and standards and train personnel relevant to the products and services we provide. We do not attempt to misuse codes and standards, or the process by which these codes and standards are created.
- We strive to follow all instructions established by the manufacturers of the equipment we provide or service.
- We analyze the needs of our clients completely and professionally, and make recommendations to fulfill those needs based on all available information.
- We strive to warn of any condition which we notice could affect the safety, health, and well being of our clients, their property, and their employees.
- We keep confidential, and do not misuse the proprietary business information and trade secrets of our clients.
- We conduct ourselves in a dignified and professional manner. We will admit and accept our own errors when proven wrong and will refrain from distorting or altering the facts in an attempt to justify our decisions.
- We recognize that we are invited into our clients facility, conduct ourselves in a safe and professional manner, and we treat our client's goods and property with the highest regard.