FEDOT was founded in 1994 and has a Board of Directors. FEDOT was organized with several objectives in mind.
- To cooperate with local fire chiefs and other interested governmental officials in order to secure the adoption of uniform standards and ordinances governing fire equipment and uniform interpretations thereof.
- To recommend to the fire equipment industry such trade policies and practices as will stabilize the industry and protect the public interest, to eliminate any practices which cause injury to the industry and to the public, to gather and disseminate information and ideas which will improve Texans protection against losses from fire, and to increase the professionalism of the Texas fire equipment industry. Each member of FEDOT acknowledges the ongoing responsibility implied in the sale and maintenance of fire protection equipment, and pledges to perform services with a high standard of honesty, skill and integrity that will foster the profession of fire equipment distributors.
- To further the joint interest of, and build good-will between, distributors, dealers and manufacturers of the fire equipment industry.
- To gather information, statistics, and data that pertains to the fire equipment industry, and to share such information with members, governmental agencies, and interested persons.
- To cooperate with insurance companies, governmental officials, manufacturers of fire equipment, and others who may be of assistance in furthering the purposes of FEDOT.
- To provide a forum for the exchange of business information. (Certain information will be restricted to members)
- To sponsor research studies and in other ways assist members in the pursuit of increased awareness and utilization of our services.
- To promote fellowship and cooperation among fire equipment distributors in Texas.
- The objectives are also embodied within the FEDOT Code of Ethics. If you have any questions about the objectives and purposes of FEDOT, please contact us.